- This event has passed.
If you’re a young person (18-35) involved with family philanthropy or high net wealth (have access to $1M in liquidable assets*), you’ll want to join us for Transforming Philanthropy! Mark your calendars now for this year’s conference happening March 22-25th just outside of L.A in Pomona at the Kellogg West Conference Center and Hotel.
Through skill-building workshops, action planning sessions and expert panel discussions, the conference equips young people involved in their families’ foundations or who are planning major giving with the relationships, skills, and vision to transform philanthropy for social change.
Participants will share experiences and address questions such as:
– What strategies can I use to bring new topics to the table and strengthen my voice in family decision-making?
– What are the best vessels for me to redistribute my trust or inheritance?
– How does my relationship with my family impact the ways we give together?
– How can I learn best donor practices for myself or my families giving?
– How can I incorporate social change giving strategies into my family’s philanthropy?
“TRANSFORMING PHILANTHROPY MOVED ME FROM THE STATE OF ALIENATION DUE TO CAPITALISM, RACISM, AND CLASSISM TO A POINT OF COLLECTIVE CRITICAL THINKING SUPPORT AND COMMUNITY! IT HELPED ME ‘OWN’ MY PRIVILEGE, MY CLASS, AND WEALTH IN A HEALTHY WAY.” — 2016 PARTICIPANT
“HAVING A COMMUNITY OF YOUNG PEOPLE TO CONNECT WITH ABOUT STICKY FAMILY DYNAMICS INVOLVED IN TRYING TO REALLY IMPLEMENT SOCIAL JUSTICE PHILANTHROPY HAS BEEN SO HELPFUL. I NOW HAVE FRIENDS TO BOUNCE IDEAS OFF OF, INSTEAD OF BEING STUCK TRYING TO DEAL WITH THIS ALONE.” — 2016 PARTICIPANT
“THE WORKSHOPS AND PRESENTERS ALL HAD SOMETHING VALUABLE TO SHARE THAT I BADLY NEEDED TO HEAR. THE ENTIRE PROGRAM FELT SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED AND CURATED TO MY NEEDS AND TO FUEL THE MOMENTUM I NEEDED TO CHANGE THE STRUCTURE OF MY FOUNDATION.” — 2016 PARTICIPANT